The Promotion Period consists of a Grand Prize Submission which begins Sep 28, 2020 at 12:01:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends October 22 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET ("Submission Period"), and a Grand Prize Judging Period which begins Oct 23, 2020 at 12:01:00 AM ET and ends Oct 31, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Judging Period”).
Who May Participate
This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or Puerto Rico who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and are parents or legal guardians of a child (or children) who is (are) between one (1) day old and forty-eight (48) months old on the date of entry. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
How To Enter The Promotion: During the Submission Period, entry form responses that are posted on the official TaxDome Mascot Naming Contest website (taxdome.com/mascot_contest) will be compiled and (subject to the requirements below) will be entered for consideration in the Promotion for the Grand Prize.
By submitting entries for consideration, you confirm that you have read and accept these Official Rules and Regulations. Entries are subject to all Entry Requirements set forth herein to be valid; see Rule #3.1 below for Submission Requirements. By submitting an Entry, you hereby warrant and represent that your Entry conforms with the Entry Requirements set forth herein.
Each Entry must be unique; duplicate Entries and/or automated Entries are prohibited. If it is discovered that you have entered or attempted to enter the Promotion more than one (1) time, all of your Entries will be declared null and void, and any Prize you might have been entitled to (if any) may be forfeited, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The following guidelines set by the Sponsor must be followed for each Entry:
- (i) Entry must not contain profanity or vulgarity;
- (ii) Entry must not be trademarked by competing firm or other known mascot;
- (iii) Entry must be in english;
- (iv) You must be the parent or legal guardian of the child depicted in the Entry;
- (v) The Entry must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, incorporate any elements of entries submitted by other entrants;
- (vi )The Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity or any inappropriate content;
- (vii) The Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, depict gambling references or tobacco use, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- (viii) The Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, defamatory, libelous, threatening, harassing, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- (ix) The Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, Promotion Entities or their products or other people, products or companies;
- (xi) The Entry cannot prominently feature trademarks, logos, copyrighted works, or any intellectual property owned by others (including but not limited to music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images, published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) other than as owned by entrant or as authorized by Sponsor for use by entrants in connection with the Promotion;
- (xii) The Entry cannot (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind other than the Sponsor’s, including, but not limited to, any of Sponsor’s competitors, any of Promotion Entities’ competitors, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- (xiii) The Entry cannot contain materials embodying the name, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying any other person, living or dead, unless you have express permission from that person to use their likeness and performance in connection with the Promotion;
- (xiv) The Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- (xvi) The Entry cannot violate any law or otherwise be inappropriate; all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Entry requirements set forth herein in its sole discretion. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose the Entry and the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. You acknowledge that Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
By submitting an Entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Promotion Entities from any claims to the contrary. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his/her Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to indemnify and hold Promotion Entities (as defined in Rule #2) harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, costs or expenses brought against or suffered or incurred by the Promotion Entities, or any of them, arising out of or in connection with the participation by the entrants in this Promotion, or any breach by the entrants of the foregoing warranties. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and Regulations, which are final and binding in all respects.
Promotion GRAND Prize Winner Determination
There will be two (2) rounds of Grand Prize judging.
Judging Criteria. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (a) appeal of mascot name; (b) marketability of name; c) consistency with TaxDome’s heritage and its mission.
First Grand Prize Judging Period. Between Oct 23, 2020 and Nov 1, 2020, a panel of Promotion Judges will select up to 15 Entries to advance to a second round of Grand Prize Judging.
Second Round of Grand Prize Judging: TaxDome will publish selected entries across popular Facebook groups. The entry with the most aggregate poll results will be the potential winner of the Grand Prize (as defined below), subject to verification (“Potential Grand Prize Winner”).
Grand Prize (1 available). The Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) $1,000.00 USD Amazon gift card award provided in the form of an electronic gift card.
How To Claim Your Prize
The Potential Grand Prize Winner (Potential Winner) will be notified via email with instructions on how to be confirmed as a Winner and claim their prize. Once the message is sent, Potential Winner will have 48 hours to respond. Before being declared a winner, Potential Winner (or parent/legal guardian, where applicable) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, W9 form, a photo release form, and, where lawful, a publicity release, as well as any other documents required by Sponsor, within five (5) business days from the time it is postmarked as having been sent by the Sponsor or its representative, or the prize may be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner.
If any Winner is at least 18, but considered a minor in his/her state of residence, the prize will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documentation outlined herein and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on Winner set forth herein. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, if Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Grand Prize Winner within five (5) business days, or in the event that a prize notification or any prize is returned undeliverable, such prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Potential Winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to furnish proof of identification.
Allow 4-6 weeks for verification and shipment of your prize. Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason outside of their control. Prizes will only be delivered to verified Winner. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
Conditions of Entry
By submitting an Entry, each entrant grants, represents and warrants that the entrant has the rights and authority necessary to grant Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, sub-licensable license and right to reproduce, transmit, display, comment on, edit, modify, alter, exploit, create derivative works based upon, combine with other works (and all copyrights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof), and otherwise distribute the Entry and all elements of the Entry, including without limitation in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity without compensation, permission, notification, attribution, or restriction from Entrant or any third party.
- By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor and/or Promotion Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. All issues of interpretation to be decided by Sponsor. Decisions of Sponsor and judges are final and binding in all matters. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules and Regulations are subject to disqualification and all associated Entries will be void.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete submissions of Entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of Entry, etc.) and/or submission does not constitute proof of delivery. Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for this Promotion.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant’s registration in the Promotion (and void all associated Entries) or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair entry or playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
- If a dispute arises regarding the identity of an entrant, such Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account corresponding to the Entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules and Regulations. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
- As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Sponsor, Promotion Entities, Instagram, Inc., and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Promotion or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize; (b) to comply with all the rules; (c) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (d) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (e) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrants be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Promotion Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to New York or any other conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Kings County, New York.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend this Promotion at any time, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes available.
- Promotion Entities do not warrant that access to the Promotion will be uninterrupted. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to; (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, Web sites, Instagram APIs (application programming interfaces), or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Promotion; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, the offering or announcement of any prize or in any prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Promotion; or (f) damage to a user's computer system occasioned by participation in this Promotion or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Promotion.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, including criminal prosecution. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Any entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified, will forfeit any prize, and all associated Entries will be void. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated Entries will be void.
- In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Regulations and Promotion details contained in Promotion Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules and Regulations shall prevail. The Official Rules and Regulations govern over all other communications.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules and Regulations shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules and Regulations shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- This Promotion is solely sponsored by TaxDome, 1178 Broadway, New York, NY 10001.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.